The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff Environmental Policy
Everyone at the The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff understands our responsibility to protect and minimize our impact on the environment. Our mission is to establish enivornmental standards of operation, create policies designed to conserve natural resources, educate our guests and team members and to partner with local and environmentally friendly businesses.
Our hotel will adhere to the following:
- Implement strategic environmental practices in the operation of our hotel
- Manage resources consumed in an effort to reduce use of electric, gas, water and waste usage wherever practical
- Educate and engage our owners, team members, guests and vendors in our ongoing efforts to protect the environment
- Consider our commitment to the environment when making business decisions
- Purchase low energy lighting throughout the hotel
- Turn off non-essential equipment and lights when not in use
- Implement a hotel recycling program to the full extent of our hotels' municipality
- Purchase supplies made with recycled content and products that can be used more than once and/or recycled. Purchase Energy Star® labeled appliances and equipment
- Discard toxic materials and products that contain them properly (flourescent bulbs, batteries, chemicals, etc). Discard only things that cannot be re-used or recycled.
- Use electronic or digital communications (email, telephone, text messages) before using paper/print based communications (fax,prints)
We strongly believe that our efforts to conserve energy and resources today will serve the interests of both our current and future generations
Keep Flagstaff Green!
Our hotel has implemented a variety of green practices aimed at reducing waste and conserving energy resources. Throughout our renovations, we've taken extraordinary measures to 'think green' in what we buy, how we dispose of un-needed materials, and run a socially responsible, eco-friendly, 'green' hotel.
- Account setup with Flagstaff Landfill: all PC monitors, keyboards, thermostats with mercury, batteries for guestroom locks, emergency lighting batteries, all batteries for firepanel, all tvs, tv circuit boards, all remote controls, telephones, all smoke detectors, all housekeeping containers that contain soap, newspapers, paper, plastic, aluminum, cardboard boxes, all kitchen cardboard, and dishwasher containers are recyclable through the city.
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Use of glass and ceramic glassware in all guestrooms
- Changed guestroom lighting from T-12 to T-8 energy efficient Alto bulbs.
- Exterior lighting, pool lights and jacuzzi lighting are on timers.
- All energy efficient lighting at the hotel is Alto All Energy advanced with less mercury - all recyclable.
- All guestrooms have energy efficient automatic Ultra Thermostats permanently set at 72 degrees F.
- Thermostat in the dry sauna is on an automatic timer
- Use of low temp. dishwasher
- Use of environmentally safe cleaning chemicals
- All serving utensils, banquet and restaurant napkins and tablecloths are reusable
- Use of pitchers of water vs. bottles of water in banquets/catering events
- Any unused paint, old caulking, aerosols, etc are properly disposed of at the Hazardous Products Center.
- The Woodlands Flagstaff uses environmentally safe Ice Fighter Plus ice melt.
- All urinals and toilets are automatic flush on the first floor (with the exception of the guestrooms)
- Urinal screens are biodegradable
- All toilets are energy efficient 1.6 gallon.
- All shower heads are 2.5 gallons per minute water efficient
- All dishwashers and washing machines are energy and water efficient
- Cooling tower is shut down during the cold winter months
- Outside Jacuzzi and pool are not drained during winter months to conserve water. Pool pumps are circulated only to keep from freezing.
- Landscape sprinklers are on automatic timers
- Linen re-use program allowing guests the option to reuse their linens/towels
- Paper products are made from recycled materials: paper towels, toilet paper and facial tissue
- Other recycled products: ink cartridges, toner, post-its and file folders
- Use of low flow water nozzles in the kitchen
- Recycle (NOT re-use!) grease from kitchen