- Account setup with Flagstaff Landfill: all PC monitors, keyboards, thermostats with mercury, batteries for guestroom locks, emergency lighting batteries, all batteries for firepanel, all tvs, tv circuit boards, all remote controls, telephones, all smoke detectors, all housekeeping containers that contain soap, newspapers, paper, plastic, aluminum, cardboard boxes, all kitchen cardboard, and dishwasher containers are recyclable through the city.
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Use of glass and ceramic glassware in all guestrooms
- Changed guestroom lighting from T-12 to T-8 energy efficient Alto bulbs.
- Exterior lighting, pool lights and jacuzzi lighting are on timers.
- All energy efficient lighting at the hotel is Alto All Energy advanced with less mercury - all recyclable.
- All guestrooms have energy efficient automatic Ultra Thermostats permanently set at 72 degrees F.
- Thermostat in the dry sauna is on an automatic timer
- Use of low temp. dishwasher
- Use of environmentally safe cleaning chemicals
- All serving utensils, banquet and restaurant napkins and tablecloths are reusable
- Use of pitchers of water vs. bottles of water in banquets/catering events
- Any unused paint, old caulking, aerosols, etc are properly disposed of at the Hazardous Products Center.
- The Woodlands Flagstaff uses environmentally safe Ice Fighter Plus ice melt.
- All urinals and toilets are automatic flush on the first floor (with the exception of the guestrooms)
- Urinal screens are biodegradable
- All toilets are energy efficient 1.6 gallon.
- All shower heads are 2.5 gallons per minute water efficient
- All dishwashers and washing machines are energy and water efficient
- Cooling tower is shut down during the cold winter months
- Outside Jacuzzi and pool are not drained during winter months to conserve water. Pool pumps are circulated only to keep from freezing.
- Landscape sprinklers are on automatic timers
- Linen re-use program allowing guests the option to reuse their linens/towels
- Paper products are made from recycled materials: paper towels, toilet paper and facial tissue
- Other recycled products: ink cartridges, toner, post-its and file folders
- Use of low flow water nozzles in the kitchen
- Recycle (NOT re-use!) grease from kitchen